Based in Capalaba, we service the whole Newstead, Teneriffe, Fortitude Valley and New Farm corridor.
Newstead takes its name from Newstead House, built in 1846 and recognised as Brisbane's oldest surviving residence, named by its builder Patrick Leslie after Newstead Abbey in England.
View Area →Teneriffe was likely named after Mount Teide in the Canary Islands in the 1850s, and the suburb's old woolstores and wharves have since become one of Brisbane's most sought-after riverside precincts.
View Area →Fortitude Valley is named after the ship Fortitude, which brought a group of Scottish immigrants to Brisbane in January 1849; they set up a temporary village nearby before the suburb grew into the city's entertainment and retail hub.
View Area →Bowen Hills was named after Sir George Bowen, Queensland's first governor from 1859 to 1868, with some of its earliest houses built in the late 1850s on what became known as Bowen Hills Crest.
View Area →New Farm was the site of Brisbane's second farm area from around 1839, and was subdivided into suburban allotments around Brunswick Street and Merthyr Road by 1843.
View Area →Spring Hill takes its name from the natural spring water once found on the rising land, and Wickham Terrace - the suburb's main thoroughfare - has marked the boundary with the Brisbane CBD since land sales began there in 1856.
View Area →Hamilton is named after a hotel built in the 1870s by early settler Gustavus Hamilton, and the riverside suburb has since grown into one of Brisbane's most prestigious addresses.
View Area →Ascot was known to the local Turrbal people as Yowoggerra, meaning corroboree place, and today more than a third of the suburb is taken up by the historic Eagle Farm and Doomben racecourses, established in 1863.
View Area →Clayfield takes its name from the fine white-grey clay once mined nearby in Albion, used in the brickworks that helped drive inner-north Brisbane's early residential growth.
View Area →Albion was named in 1864 by the proprietor of a new hotel on Sandgate Road, who chose the Latin word for white after the pale sandstone quarried locally by pioneer John Petrie.
View Area →Windsor was declared a shire in 1887, Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee year, and was named in her honour after the royal residence of Windsor Castle.
View Area →Wilston takes its name from the residence of early settler William Wilson, who built his home in 1876 and named it after his birthplace in Ireland.
View Area →Herston takes its name from Queensland's first Premier, Sir Robert Herbert, who built a farm on the site now occupied by the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital.
View Area →Kelvin Grove was named in 1865 by Dr Joseph Bancroft, who called his new residence after Kelvingrove Park in Glasgow, a place he remembered fondly from home.
View Area →Wooloowin is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning either pigeon or a species of fish, and its state school has served the local community since opening in 1914.
View Area →Lutwyche was named after Alfred James Peter Lutwyche, the first resident judge in the Moreton Bay penal colony, with European settlement in the area beginning in 1860.
View Area →Alderley is home to Brisbane's first vineyard, established by early settlers Mr and Mrs F. Raymont, whose son went on to become the suburb's first postmaster in 1882.
View Area →Gordon Park was named in 1890 after British General Charles Gordon, the celebrated hero of the siege of Khartoum in Sudan, with many local streets still named after his campaigns.
View Area →Grange grew up around a tannery that began operating in the 1860s on the banks of Kedron Brook, with the Grange Estate itself put up for sale in 1903.
View Area →Kedron takes its name from Kedron Brook, itself named by early missionaries after a Biblical watercourse, with the locality name formally adopted by a local postman in the 1890s.
View Area →Toombul was the original name of the local railway station before it became Northgate Junction, and the historic Toombul Shire once administered the wider district from its Nundah offices.
View Area →Nundah was originally known as German Station, home to Queensland's first European mission, established by German Lutheran missionaries in 1838 on the banks of Kedron Brook.
View Area →Hendra is a traditional Cornish place name indicating an old homestead or hamlet, and the leafy suburb sits close to the Eagle Farm and Doomben racecourses.
View Area →Nudgee comes from an Aboriginal word meaning the home of wild ducks, and farm settlements grew steadily through the 1860s thanks to the area's reliable water supply.
View Area →Northgate takes its name from its railway station, a portmanteau of the North Coast line and the Sandgate line, adopted after the junction was renamed Northgate Junction in the 1890s.
View Area →Virginia is believed to be named after the American state, and grew from farmland and swamp into an identifiable district once the North Coast railway line opened through the area in 1888.
View Area →Wavell Heights was originally known as West Nundah, renamed in 1941 in honour of Field Marshal Lord Wavell, Commander-in-Chief of the Allied Forces in the Middle East during the Second World War.
View Area →Chermside grew from a rural district into one of Brisbane's major suburban hubs, and today is home to one of Queensland's largest shopping centres and the Kedron-Wavell RSL precinct.
View Area →Stafford was originally known as Happy Valley before being renamed in the 1880s after the English county of Staffordshire.
View Area →Eagle Farm was chosen as an agricultural site in 1829 during the convict era, taking its name from eagles observed around the property, and later hosted Queensland's first official race meeting in 1865.
View Area →